Frequently Asked Questions

Answers to Frequently Asked Questions

    Who should I call in an emergency?

  • Call 911 now!!! Back to the top
  • How can I be a good witness?

  • If you are a crime victim or if you witness a crime, your observations can lead to a faster resolution of the case.
      When you report a crime, a Beaver County Sheriff’s Office dispatcher will ask you to describe the suspect(s) you observed. NEVER place your personal safety or the safety of those around you in jeopardy to get a better description of a subject, but if possible, make a mental picture of the suspect(s) by scanning the individual(s) from top to bottom, and outside to inside.
      Note the most obvious information first: race, sex, approximate age, weight and height. Then note hair and eye color, complexion and any distinguishing features such as glasses, scars, facial hair, etc.
      Notice what the person is wearing, starting with the outside layer of clothing. Many times a suspect may remove outerwear to elude law enforcement officers.
      If you're describing a vehicle, remember the acronym CYMBALS:
      C - color
      Y - year
      M - make
      B - body
      A - additional descriptive features
      L - license
      S - state Back to the top
  • Where can I get assistance if I’ve been a witness to or a victim of a crime?

  • Beaver County’s Victim’s Advocate Office was established to render assistance to crime victims and witnesses. The unit offers a variety of programs designed to meet the special needs of those who have been exposed to crimes. Contact them at:      (435) 438-6494 Back to the top
  • I have a tip about a crime, where can I report it?

  • If you have information about a crime, witnessed a crime, or have overheard someone discussing participation in a crime, don't be afraid to report it. With the help of the community, more cases are solved, arrests are made, and property is recovered.

    How do I know if and where an inmate is incarcerated?

  • Finding out if an inmated is incarcerated or whether housed here at BCCF or at another facility can easily be found out by clicking on this link: Back to the top
  • When can I visit an inmate who is incarcerated at your facility?

  • Visiting hours and other information regarding visiting here at the Beaver County Correctional Facility can be found by clicking on this link: Back to the top
  • How can I add money to an inmate's commissary account?

  • All the information you need to add money to an inmate's commissary account can be found at:
    -      Just pause your mouse on the box of your choice and an instruction box will popup. Click in the box to take you to the corresponding website. Back to the top
  • How do I Bail or Bond someone out of jail?

  • A person who has been arrested and charged with a crime and has not been convicted of that crime may be required to post bail (a bond) before being released from jail. A bond is insurance to guarantee an arrestee will appear in court for trial. If that person fails to appear for a court date, the bond money is forfeited.
      Most crimes are bondable offenses. The amount of a bond is determined by a judge or from an established bail schedule. A bond may be posted in cash, by an arrestee or by someone on his/her behalf.
      To post a bond, first make sure the person is, in fact, in the Beaver County jail. Please call (435) 438-2862 where you will also need to find out the arrestee's charge(s), the bail amount, and the Court of jurisdiction. Please note that this information may not be available until the arrestee completed the booking process.
      There are two ways of posting a bond:
      Cash Bond:    The total amount of the bond, in cash, is placed with the Court of juristiction to guarantee the arrestee will appear at the next court hearing. If the arrestee does not appear after posting a cash bond, the money will be forfeited. If a not guilty verdict is rendered or the case is dismissed, or at the conclusion of the trial proceedings, bond money will be refunded minus any fines and / or court costs. Refunds are available only through the Court of jurisdiction.
      Cash, cashier's checks, or money orders are the only accepted methods of payment for bail. When posting bail, cashier's checks and money orders must be made payable to the ‘Beaver County Inmate Trust Fund’. Personal checks are not accepted. To make bond with a credit card you must add that money to the arrestee’s account; instructions on how to do that are found at:      How can I add money to an inmate's commissary account?
      Surety Bond:    A bonding company licensed in Utah posts a bond that guarantees an arrestee will appear at the next court date. The Beaver County Sheriff’s Office does not participate in the contract between an arrestee and the bonding company. The bonding company normally charges a fee for each bond posted. Some bonding companies may help you out with posting a cash bond with a credit card also. Consult your local Yellow Pages for lists of bonding companies.
    Back to the top
  • I have questions about the inmate phone system, where do I find the answer?

  • All the information you need concerning the inmate phone system here at BCCF can be answered by:
    Visiting: BCCF Phone FAQ Securus Technologies Securus Live Chat
    Calling: 1–800–844–6591
    Back to the top
  • I have other questions regarding jail issues that are not answered here, who can I contact?

  • You can call...      (435) 438–2862      or send an email to: Back to the top

    How do I contact Dispatch for non-emergency issues?

  • You can call...      (435) 438–2862      or send an email to: Back to the top
  • How can I add my cellphone or unlisted phone number to the ‘Reverse 911’ system so I can receive emergency notifications on them?

  • In order to have your cellphone, Voice Over Internet (VoIP), or Unlisted number added to the ‘Reverse 911’ system all you need to do is register it at: Back to the top
  • What’s unusual about calling 9-1-1 from a cell phone?

  • Because of the way cellular telephone calls are routed, calls to 9-1-1 may not reach the proper dispatch operators. Generally, the law enforcement agency that receives a cellular 9-1-1 call is determined by the origination of the call in relation to a specific cellular tower. The Beaver County Sheriff’s Office routinly receives 9-1-1 calls from cellular users from surrounding counties.
      If you are reporting an emergency via cellular telephone, it's crucial to inform the 9-1-1 operator of your exact location. The appropriate and closest response can then be activated.
    Back to the top
  • Why do 9-1-1 operators ask so many questions?

  • Experience has shown the first 60 seconds of every 9-1-1 call are the most critical. Operators need to determine the exact location of the emergency, the nature of the situation, whether anyone is injured and about what elements a responding officer should be advised. A first responder armed with this information can react quickly and accurately and minimize the chance that further damage will occur or innocent bystanders will be hurt.
      In any threatening emergency, immediately dial 9-1-1 from any telephone (the call is free from all pay phones). For non-emergency law enforcement needs, please call the Beaver County Sheriff’s Office at (435) 438-2862.
    Back to the top

    I would like to volunteer as a Search & Rescue member. Who do I get in touch with?

  • You can contact any Search & Rescue member or you can contact Paul Wolden at...      (435) 438–2862      or send an email to: Back to the top

    I am interested in a career with the Beaver County Sheriff´s Office. Where can I obtain more information?

  • To find out more about retirement packages that mature at 25 years, paid holidays, and an insurance plan that is second to none for doing a job that is exciting and that offers a real chance to give back to your community, then please contact the Sheriff´s Office at...      (435) 438–2862      or send an email to: Back to the top
  • I would like to offer my help to the Sheriff’s Office. How can I do that?

  • You can help our Sheriff´s Office by becoming an honorary member of the Utah Sheriff´s Association. The support given to Law Enforcement in the State of Utah through the Honorary Membership Program of the Utah Sheriffs´ Association is now and has been a huge success. Enhanced training programs, scholarships and annual conferences to mention just a few would not be possible without citizen support.      Utah Sheriffs’ Association Honorary Membership Application Back to the top
  • How do I file a complaint against a BCSO employee?

  • Complaints may be made to any BCSO supervisor. Complaints may be received verbally or in writing and in person, by telephone, by mail or electronic means. During non-business hours, complaints can also be made through our dispatch center. Please visit our Contact Page for contacting information.
  • Back to the top
  • How can I commend a BCSO employee for outstanding service?

  • If you received extraordinary service from a BCSO employee, or witnessed something that deserves special recognition, we encourage you to tell us so we may share your thoughts with that employee(s) and with the BCSO family. Your appreciation and encouragement are important to us. You can submit your commendation by any means to any BCSO supervisor. Please visit our Contact Page for contacting information.
  • Back to the top

Our Partners


Through the years, NSA has provided programs for...

... more


"The Attorney General shall be the legal adviser of the State officers, except as...

... more


Our mission is to provide professional standards and training,...

... more


The emphasis of our site is to provide general and contact information...

... more


The mission of the Utah Courts is to provide the people an open, fair,...

... more


Our Mission is to provide professional police...

... more


The USA is a professional and educational organization dedicated...

... more


Our dedicated team of professionals ensures public safety by effectively...

... more


This website is provided to help you obtain information about...

... more