Please do not contact the jail, as you will only be refered back to Securus Technologies.
Below are some of the more frequently asked questions concerning our inmate phone system. Just click on the question that you want answered and we will direct you to the answer.
Who is Securus?
- Securus Technologies manages the inmate telephone system responsible for processing all secure calls placed from this facility. Specifically, they install and centrally manage state–of–art call management and communication systems for use by correctional facilities, and they offer a variety of convenient payment products and services to inmates and their firends and family members.
How much does it cost?
- Use Securus’ Call Rate Calculator to quickly and easily find out the cost of a call from a Securus serviced correctional facility. The cost of a call varies based on where you live, what facility you receive calls from as well as the time of day and duration of calls received.
What funding options are available?
- Securus understands the importance of variety and convenience when it comes to funding inmate telephone calls. In order to deliver the best service, we offer a number of payment product options, making it easy for you to choose the perfect fit for your needs in order to stay in touch with your incarcerated loved one.
- Advanced Connect™ is a prepaid calling account that puts you in control of your spending and ensures you can receive calls fromorrectional facilities. It is our most widely used payment product.Learn More
- Direct Bill allows you to receive calls from inmates and have the call charges billed directly to you monthly. This account is best suited for attorneys, bail bondsmen, and friends & family of long–stay inmates. A credit check is required to qualify.Learn More
- Traditional Collect account conveniently allows you to receive collect calls from inmates and have the call charges included on your monthly bill from your local telephone company.Learn More
- Inmate Debit is a prepaid calling account that gives inmates the ability to pay for their own telephone calls. Inmate Debit allows you to add funds directly to an inmate’s calling account without having to set up your own account.Learn More
How Do I Know That It is My Inmate Calling?
- When you receive a call from an inmate and the call is answered, a brief message will be played that identifies the call as being collect.
- Information about the name of the correctional facility and/or the name of the inmate may also be provided.
What Can Cause My Call to be Disconnected?
- Your calls may be disconnected if a call violation is detected. To avoid being disconnected do not:
- transfer the call;
- use call waiting;
- put the call on hold;
- press any button on the keypad;
- use call forwarding;
- conference another peron on the phone;
- make a 3-way call;
- use a cordless phone; and
- cell phone usage is not guaranteed.
- If you believe you were disconnected for another reason, complete Securus' Dropped Call Investigation Form and submit the attached form within 90 days of the disputed call. Please allow up to 30 days from receipt of the form for resolution.
- The completed form can be faxed to 972–277–0714 or mailed to P.O. Box 1109 Addison, TX 75001.
What if There are Problems with the Facility's Phones?
- If your loved one states there are issues with the telephones at the correctional facility, please have your inmate do the following:
- Report the issue with a deputy; or
- Complete Securus' Assistance Request Form and turn into the facility.
- This form will generate a facility visit from a Securus Technician.
Why am I not receiving calls if my account has a positive balance?
- Even though your account balance is positive, there could be several reasons why you are not receiving calls.
- Is the inmate calling you?
- Did you press the wrong button and place a block on your line?
- Is the inmate's facility on lockdown?
- Is the inmate on phone restriction or in punitive segregation?
There seems to be a block on my phone, why is this?
- Blocks maybe placed on your phone for several reasons including:
- COLLECT CALL RESTRICTION:
- Your local telephone company may restrict collect calls. Call your local telephone company to have this restriction removed. Once the restriction is removed, it may take up to 72 hours for a collect call to go through;
- NEW TELEPHONE NUMBER:
- If you have a new telephone number, a restriction could be placed on your line. Simply provide Securus with the date you received your new number from your local telephone company, and Securus Correctional Billing Services can remove the restriction;
- EXCEEDED YOUR SPENDING LIMIT:
- If you have exceeded your account spending limit with Securus, calls to your line may be blocked. If you believe this is the case, please contact Securus at 800-844-6591; or
- WRONG DIGIT (number) PRESSED WHEN ACCEPTING A CALL:
- If you accidently pressed the incorrect number when attempting to accept the incoming call you may have blocked your line. Please contact Securus at 800–844–6591 to see if there is a block on your line.
I don’t want any inmates calling my phone, how can I have a block placed on my phone?
- If you would like to prevent calls from a correctional facility handled by Securus Correctional Billing Services, please contact us at 800–844–6591 or submit a question to Customer Care and a representative will assist you in placing a restriction on your phone line. There is no charge for this service.
- We make every effort to stop unwanted collect calls; however, we cannot guarantee this service for facilities that Securus does not support. If you are still receiving collect calls more than 48 hours after placing a restriction on your phone line, please contact the Securus Correctional Billing Services and additional steps may be taken to prevent the collect calls.
I have question about my bill, who do I contact?
- Fill out Securus' Inquiry Form. The inquiry may take up to 5 days to process upon receipt of form.
I suspect fraudulent activity on my account, what can I do?
- If you suspect your identity or financial information have been used fraudulently to open a Securus CBS account, please start an investigation with Securus CBS. Please report all fraudulent activity to your local police department as well. To start an investigation we recommend you submit a Police report or Identity Theft Affidavit. Please be advised that the investigation may take up to 15 days to process upon receipt of report.
What if I still have other questions?
- More questions can be answered by visiting the Securus Customer Care page. There you can:
- search for answers for to your questions;
- ask a question;
- chat live with a Securus support team member; or
- Call Securus’ toll–free support line.
How do I contact Securus Technologies?