This page is offered as a general knowledge base for some of the most Frequently Asked Questions of the Beaver County Sheriff´s Office. We have tried hard to break it down into generalized catagories in an attempt to make finding the answer as easy as possible.

If you cannot find the answer here, please try to navigate to the appropriate page on this site. For example, if I was looking for jail visiting hours, I would go to the corrections page and then click on the visitation link where I would find the answer.

Patrol Corrections
Dispatch Records
Search & Rescue General


Who do I call in an emergency?

  • If you are currently experiencing an emergency... Call 911 now!

How can I be a good witness?

  • If you are a crime victim or if you witness a crime, your observations can lead to a faster resolution of the case.
  • When you report a crime, a Beaver County Sheriff’s Office dispatcher will ask you to describe the suspect(s) you observed. NEVER place your personal safety or the safety of those around you in jeopardy to get a better description of a subject, but if possible, make a mental picture of the suspect(s) by scanning the individual(s) from top to bottom, and outside to inside.
  • Note the most obvious information first: race, sex, approximate age, weight and height. Then note hair and eye color, complexion and any distinguishing features such as glasses, scars, facial hair, etc.
  • Notice what the person is wearing, starting with the outside layer of clothing. Many times a suspect may remove outerwear to elude law enforcement officers.
  • If you're describing a vehicle, remember the acronym CYMBALS:
    • C - color
    • Y - year
    • M - make
    • B - body
    • A - aditional descriptive features
    • L - license
    • S - state

Where can I get assistance if I’ve been a witness to or a victim of a crime?

  • Beaver County’s Victim Advocate Office was established to render assistance to crime victims and witnesses. The department offers a variety of programs designed to meet the special needs of those who have been exposed to crimes. Fro more information, visit our Victim Advocate page.

I have a tip about a crime, where can I report it?

  • If you have information about a crime, witnessed a crime, or have overheard someone discussing participation in a crime, don't be afraid to report it. With the help of the community, more cases are solved, arrests are made, and property is recovered.
  • You can report an any crime tips by calling 435-438-6420 where you can remain anonymous if you choose or by emailing your tip here.


How do I know if and/or where an inmate is incarcerated at?

  • Finding out if an inmated is incarcerated or housed here at BCCF or at another facility can easily be found out by clicking visiting www.vinelink.com.

When can I visit an inmate who is incarcerated at your facility?

  • Visiting hours and other information regarding visiting here at the Beaver County Correctional Facility can be found by visiting our Visiting page.

How can I add money to an inmate's commissary account?

How do I Bail or Bond someone out of jail?

  • A person who has been arrested and charged with a crime and has not been convicted of that crime may be required to post bail, either by cash or bond, before being released from jail. Bail is insurance to guarantee an arrestee will appear in court for trial. If that person fails to appear for a court date, the bail money is forfeited.
  • Unless otherwise set as 'No Bail Allowed' by a judge or bail commissioner, all offenses are bailable. The amount of bail is determined by a judge or from an established bail schedule. Bail maybe made by an arrestee or by someone on his/her behalf.
  • Bail can be paid at either the court of jurisdiction or at here at the jail. Although most of the instructions below are generic for either situation, they are written for paying at the jail.
  • To post a bail, first make sure the person is in fact, in the Beaver County jail. Please call 435-438-2862 where you will also need to find out the arrestee's charge(s), the bail amount, and the court of jurisdiction.
    • Please note that this information may not be available until the arrestee has completed the booking process.
  • There are two ways of posting a bond:
    • Cash Bail:
      • The total amount of the bail, in cash, is placed with the Court of juristiction to guarantee the arrestee will appear at the next court hearing. If the arrestee does not appear after posting cash bail, the money will be forfeited. If a not guilty verdict is rendered or the case is dismissed, or at the conclusion of the trial proceedings, bail money will be refunded minus any fines and / or court costs. Refunds are available only through the Court of jurisdiction.
      • Cash, cashier's checks, or money orders are the only accepted methods of payment for bail. When posting bail, cashier's checks and money orders must be made payable to the ‘Beaver County Inmate Trust Fund’. Personal checks are not accepted. To make bond with a credit card you must add that money to the arrestee’s trust fund account; instructions on how to do that can be found by visiting Adding Money to an Inmate's Commissary Account.
    • Surety Bond:
      • A bonding company licensed in Utah posts a bond that guarantees an arrestee will appear at the next court date. The Beaver County Sheriff’s Office does not participate in the contract between an arrestee and the bonding company. The bonding company normally charges a fee for each bond posted. Some bonding companies may help you out with posting a cash bond with a credit card also.
      • If you need help finding a bail bond company, the State of Utah's Insurance Department provides an online List of Licensed Bail Bond Agencies.

I have questions about the inmate phone system, where do I find the answer?

  • Because the inmate phone system generates many questions, we have created the FAQs - Inmate Phone System page to help with your questions.

I have other questions regarding jail issues that are not answered here, who can I contact?


How do I contact Dispatch for non-emergency issues?

How can I add my cellphone or unlisted phone number to Beaver County's AlertSense system so I can receive emergency notifications?

  • To have emergency alerts from Beaver County sent to your cellphone, Voice Over Internet (VoIP), or Unlisted number sign-up by visiting our AlertSense page.

What’s unusual about calling 9-1-1 from a cell phone?

  • Because of the way cellular telephone calls are routed, calls to 9-1-1 may not reach the proper dispatch operators. Generally, the law enforcement agency that receives a cellular 9-1-1 call is determined by the origination of the call in relation to a specific cellular tower. The Beaver County Sheriff’s Office routinly receives 9-1-1 calls from cellular users from surrounding counties.
  • If you are reporting an emergency via cellular telephone, it's crucial to inform the 9-1-1 operator of your exact location. The appropriate and closest response can then be activated.

Why do 9-1-1 operators ask so many questions?

  • Experience has shown the first 60 seconds of every 9-1-1 call are the most critical. Operators need to determine the exact location of the emergency, the nature of the situation, whether anyone is injured, and about what elements a responding officer should be advised of. A first responder armed with this information can react quickly and accurately and minimize the chance that further damage will occur or innocent bystanders will be hurt.
  • In any threatening emergency, immediately dial 9-1-1 from any telephone (the call is free from all pay phones). For non-emergency law enforcement needs, please call the Beaver County Sheriff’s Office at 435-438-2862.


How do I get a copy of an incident or accident report?

Where can I get a copy of my criminal history at?

  • Information on how to obtain a copy of your Utah criminal history is available on the Obtain a Copy of Your Own Criminal History Record page of the Utah Department of Public Safety's Bureau of Criminal Identification website.
  • Information on how to obtain a copy of your Nationwide criminal history is available on the Identity History Summary Checks page of the Federal Bureau of Investigations' (FBI) website.

Where can I obtain an application for Criminal History Review or Expungment?

  • Information on how to expunge your Utah criminal history is available on the Expungements page of the Utah Department of Public Safety's Bureau of Criminal Identification website.
  • Information on how to expunge your Utah juvenile criminal history is available on the Expungement Forms page of the Utah Department of Public Safety's Bureau of Criminal Identification website.

Search & Rescue

I would like to volunteer as a Search & Rescue member. Who do I get in touch with?

  • You can contact any Search & Rescue member;
  • You can call Dispatcher Supervisor and Search & Rescue member Paul Wolden at 435-438-2862; or
  • You can email your question here.


I am interested in a career with the Beaver County Sheriff´s Office. Where can I obtain more information?

  • To find out more about retirement packages, paid holidays, and an insurance plan that is second to none for doing a job that is exciting and that offers a real chance to give back to your community, then please contact the Sheriff´s Office:

I would like to offer my help to the Sheriff’s Office. How can I do that?

  • You can help our Sheriff´s Office by becoming an honorary member of the Utah Sheriff´s Association. The support given to Law Enforcement in the State of Utah through the Honorary Membership Program of the Utah Sheriffs´ Association is now and has been a huge success. Enhanced training programs, scholarships and annual conferences to mention just a few, would not be possible without citizen support. More information can be found on the Honorary Membership page the Utah Sheriffs' Association's website.

How do I file a complaint against a BCSO employee?

  • Complaints may be made to any BCSO supervisor. Complaints may be received verbally or in writing and in person, by telephone, by mail or electronic means. During non-business hours, complaints can also be made through our dispatch center. Please visit our Contact Us page for contacting information.

How can I commend a BCSO employee for outstanding service?

  • If you received extraordinary service from a BCSO employee, or witnessed something that deserves special recognition, we encourage you to tell us so we may share your thoughts with that employee(s) and with the BCSO family. Your appreciation and encouragement are important to us. You can submit your commendation by any means to any BCSO supervisor. Please visit our Contact Us page for contacting information.
Go to Top